The Liebster Award is an internet-based award that is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers, by other bloggers. It is intended to help the blogger with becoming more known to the world as well as giving fellow blogger the opportunity to learn about more amazing bloggers.
If you are nominated for the “Liebster Award” these are the steps you need to take in order to graciously accept your award…
1. Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer 10 questions given to you, by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Notify your nominees.
And lastly, you may copy and paste the award (which is at the top of this post) on your blog!
10 questions that I have to answer:
- What’s your weirdest comfort food? Since I’m constantly watching my diet and what I eat, I don’t take much comfort in food. As a treat, I’ll have popcorn or pretzels.
- You’re at the top of the CN Tower, do you step onto the glass floor? Why/why not? Sure, I’d be thrilled to have the energy to get to the top of the CN Tower and would want to experience every inch of it
- You’re sick, do you: let someone take care of you or are you finicky and just put up with it? I’ve lived alone since I’ve been divorced, which was about 7 years ago. I am used to taking care of myself and when this illness is really bad, prefer to be alone.
- What’s your favourite song to sing in the shower? (Doesn’t matter if you can sing at all – it’s just in the shower) Build me up Buttercup, always puts a smile on my face.
- Coke or Pepsi? Diet Coke
- Do you like Cilantro? If you’re not sure, next time you go grocery shopping, try some. Yes, I do. I like Rosemary, Basil and other Italian spices.
- You’re at the fair, where do you head first? Why? I head to a jewelry table, where there are unique and handmade rings, earrings and necklaces.
- Does the ‘why’ to some of my questions count as extra questions? I don’t think so lol..
- You need to bring a dessert over to a friend’s barbeque, what do you bring? (let us say it’s a potluck, so no more than 10 portions) I make this pistachio, cool whip, yogurt parfait that is out of this world.
- Have you ever had deja-vu? Yes, I practically live the same life every day, like in the movie Ground Hog’s day. Not much I can do to vary my activities right now.
Here are my 10 questions for my 10 nominees (please see end of post for my nominees):
- What motivated you to start your blog?.
- If you were invited to a celebrity dinner party, which 2 people would you want to sit between?
- What gadget can’t you live without?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What tip could you offer up to help new bloggers?
- What US city haven’t you been to that you are hoping to visit?
- If you could have picked your own name, what name would you have chosen?
- What is your favorite color?
- How many different languages can you speak and what are they?
- If you could eat only 1 food for the rest of your life, what would you eat?
VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD
The Versatile blogger award is given to people who cover many different topics on their blog and they seem sincere, real and love what they do. Their blogs move you with their words and pictures and make you think and feel long after you’ve finished reading their words.
Here are the following steps you need to take if you are nominated for this award:
1. In your post, thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to their blog. I would humbly like to thank Celeste from the Baking, Butter, & Happiness blog at http://bakingbutterhappiness.wordpress.com/welcome/
2. Select 10 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
3. Nominate those 10 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
4. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
And lastly, don’t forget to copy and paste the Versatile Blogger Award to your page!
7 random things about myself that you may or may not know:
- I have Fibromyalgia for the past 4 years
- I love to knit and crochet
- I have an MBA in Finance
- I grew up in Brooklyn, NY
- I would love to take a cruise to Alaska
- I am hooked on Boardwalk Empire on HBO
- I hate science fiction books and movies
WORDPRESS FAMILY AWARD
Once again, thank you Celeste from the Baking, Butter, & Happiness blog for this nomination. http://bakingbutterhappiness.wordpress.com/
The “I am Part of the WordPress Family” award has been created by Shaun, the writer of the blog Looking for Reasoning to a Complicated World. This award represents “Family” we never meet, but are there for us.
Here are the rules for the nominees who receive this award:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family.
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them.
5. That is it. Just please pick 10 people that have taken you as a friend, and spread the love
NOW ON TO MY 10 NOMINATIONS
Part of the acceptance process for the Liebster Award, the Versatile Blogger Award and the WordPress Family Award to to nominate 10 other bloggers. Now I have to notify them of their nominations and I hope they will be as pleased as I was to receive these nominations.
Here is my list of nominations, in no particular order:
Congratulations to all!!