I have been listening and watching self help, gratitude and positive affirmation videos and I really must admit what a positive and refreshing experience it is to hear uplifting thoughts about yourself and the universe.
The real trick is to keep replaying these thoughts in your head and start to belief them. It’s hard when real life interferes with your perception of how you should be living, but based on what I’m learning if we change the texture of our thoughts, our life will change.
It is hard to change thought patterns when you are in your mid 50s (can’t believe I am in my 50s, but I am). You have grown up believing certain things and have been doing things in a certain way for so long, that it is hard to change. But if change means improving your life and being happier with your life, than that is worth trying.
I am going to follow these beliefs and see where my life takes me:
- All is well in my world and I trust the Universe to take me where I need to go
- What is right for me will come to me at the appropriate time
- I am loving and I am loved
- I am willing to grow and change and I am always open and receptive to new ideas
- I know I can become more than what I am now, not Better but MORE
Life is as it is. It’s all about our perception of our current situation and our level of gratitude. I am grateful for so much in my life and will not dwell on what I can not change.