Welcome 2014!! We’re all planning how the next year will be better and how we will try and improve upon ourselves, but what lessons have we learned from the past year.
I heard this quote for the first time about 10 years ago, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” and never has there been a truer saying, yet we continually do the same thing over and over again (at least I do) and hope that the outcome will be different. Does that mean I’m insane (lol), I hope not.
- I continually go back to the same doctors, even after they tell me there’s nothing more they can do for me and that I just need to deal and adjust
- I continue friendships with people that I know are selfish and sometimes hurtful in their actions towards me
- I keep taking the same medicines and supplements, even though I feel no real improvement with my symptoms
So what can I change in this new year to try and make a real difference in my life?
- I can and will seek out new doctors, who are encouraging and offer new treatment options
- I can and will stop listening to all the doctors that just prescribe endless medicines without any real promise of help and that have possible negative long term side effects
- I can and will make more educated decisions regarding my health and well being, as the doctors know less about my day to day struggles than I do
- I can and will spend less time with those people in my life that just suck the energy and life out of me
- I can and will spend more time with those people that energize me and lift my spirits
- I can and will spend more time doing the things that I really enjoy doing and save my limited energy for these activities
- I can and will seek out new creative activities that fill my heart with happiness
So as my journey in 2014 begins, I hope that this year will bring a return to wellness and that on January 1, 2015 I can look back on today and realize that it was the day I began to break old patterns and take more control of my life.